Cellulite is a normal occurrence, affecting almost 90 percent of women and 10 percent of men and it’s mostly visible on their thighs and buttocks. Even women you see in movies and magazines suffer from this “orange peel” effect – gossip magazines tend to remind us about it every time they display unflattering photos of stars who are caught off guard.
You may be wondering why are women so unlucky comparing to men?
Women have a higher risk of developing cellulite as their connective tissue and fat cells are arranged differently compared to men. Fat cells in women are arranged vertically under the skin. As they grow, the tops bulge and poke through the tissue layer. Fat cells in men are typically arranged horizontally and lay flat against each other.
There are three types of cellulite:
Hard cellulite – It occurs in the bodies of high performing athletes, runners, or dancers and it’s usually very harder to get rid of as it attaches directly to the muscle tissue. The good news is that this cellulite is often not as visible as soft cellulite.
Soft cellulite – It occurs in larger areas of the body and has a saggy appearance, as it’s not attached to the muscle.
Edemateus cellulite – This type of cellulite can be developed from poor circulation and fluid retention. This is normally found in the leg area
It’s important to specify that cellulite is not fat. Fat insulates the body and cushions the organs, nerves, and muscles while supplying your muscles with useable energy. Cellulite occurs in certain areas on the body, such as the thighs, buttocks and abdomen. don’t have to be overweight to have cellulite.
Though diet and lifestyle affect cellulite formation, a large part of cellulite is comprised of toxins and fat that build up in the body and can affect women of any size, weight, and body structure. This in combination with the micro tendons attaching your skin to your body produces the dimpling effect.
What are the other causes of cellulite development?
- poor eating habits
- lack of exercise
- body fat percentage
- insufficient water intake
The best time to start treating cellulite is before it even appears. There are four stages of cellulite development to be aware of:
- Grade 0: No cellulite present
- Grade 1: Smooth skin while standing, bumps and dimples appear while sitting
- Grade 2: Orange peel visible while sitting or standing
- Grade 3: Orange peel appearance visible while sitting or standing with deep raised and depressed areas
Here are 5 ways you can minimise the effects of cellulite:
- Drink plenty of water to flush toxins out of your body
- Exercise regularly and include movements such as squats, step-ups, and lunges in your exercising programme
- Include fruits, vegetables and lean proteins in your diet with moderate carbohydrate intake
- Quit smoking. Smoking can weaken the skin due to the constriction of capillaries and damage the connective tissue that causes the dimpling effect of cellulite.
- De-stress. Take a yoga class. Stress can cause muscles to seize up with tension while also causing the connective tissue that covers that muscle to seize up. Tension also blocks the tissue, preventing proper waste elimination and purification. If all else fails, give our Ultimate 3D Cellulite Package a try
What is the Ultimate 3D Cellulite Package?
The Ultimate 3D Cellulite Package combines three cutting edge treatments to help combat the effects of cellulite.
- VelaShape ll to precisely target and remove fatty tissues within treated area. Additionally, the vacuum and tissue manipulation evens out skin to reveal a smoother, tighter figure.
- Fat dissolving injections to assist with lipolysing stubborn deposits of fat
- Threads to induce new collagen formation and support the fat cells
The treatment is ideal to treat the back of the thighs & buttocks. Gradual improvement of the treated area can be seen following the first treatment – with the skin surface of the treated area feeling smoother, firmer and tighter. Results in circumference & cellulite reduction will be most apparent 6-8 weeks following the final treatment session.
Treatment is safe and effective for all skin types and colours. There are no reported short or long-term health effects.
Most patients find VelaShape ll treatments comfortable – like a warm deep tissue massage. The treatment is designed to accommodate your sensitivity and comfort level.
The fat dissolving injections may sting a bit but local anaesthetic is added to the solution to make it more comfortable.
The collagen induction threads are pain free because the area is anaesthetized before the threads are inserted.
Not sure if the 3D Cellulite Package is right for you? Give us a call on and book an appointment with Dr Reddy. She will consult with you and decide if the 3D Cellulite Package is the ideal treatment for you.